Date: 25th March, 2021
Time: 07:00 AM – 11:00 AM GMT TIME
11:00 AM – 15:00 PM UAE TIME
4 Hours Webinar
Webinar Fee : 99 USD
With Covid-19 pandemic continuing to spread globally affecting more than 190 countries. There has been an increasing shift towards online learning by universities, colleges and schools as to promote the continuity of learning and the safety of its community. eLearning has become more than ever widespread and this phenomenon is expected to continue beyond the pandemic as anticipated by many experts in the field.
Instructors all over the world are being required to quickly transition their teaching online and design learning experiences that engage students and meet learning outcomes. The aim of this interactive webinar is to introduce participants to the definitions and basic principles of online teaching. Participants will be exposed to various types of online course delivery strategies (i.e. synchronous, asynchronous, blended, et.) and will explore how online learning differs from the traditional face-to-face learning and what sort of skills and competencies shall students and instructors acquire to ensure a successful learning experience.
Participants will also explore how they can quickly and effectively plan their online courses considering aspects related to course content, learning activities, student engagement and the role of feedback as well as how they can create a good online presence and build active learning communities.
By the end of the webinar participants should be able to:
- Identify the main characteristics and skills required to create a successful online learning experience
- Understand the main differences between teaching face-to-face (f2f) and teaching online or in blended mode and how to prepare students for their online learning experience
- Consider different possible formats for the delivery of online courses
- Effectively plan online or blended learning courses and transition to online/blended teaching
- Define what is effective online ‘content’ and how content is planned and presented to meet specific learning outcomes and engage students
- Integrate various tools (primarily those included in your LMS) to engage students in their learning
- Understand how to establish an online presence and build a learning community
- Reflect on your current teaching online practices and make improvements as deemed necessary
- Online/blended learning essentials: Knowing the difference with f2f learning
- Challenges and opportunities in teaching Online
- Defining key characteristics for successful online learning
- Various ways of delivering online: How to create the right blend?
- Understanding the intersection between technology, pedagogy and people
- Planning your online course: Connecting pedagogy with technology
- Creating an online presence
- Creating online content – Define online ‘content’ and how content is planned to meet learning outcomes
- Engaging students an online (tools and methods) learning environment
- The role of feedback in online learning
- Practical tips on how to teach online
Who is this Webinar for?
The webinar is relevant to anyone involved in delivering or overseeing online learning including:
- Educators, Faculty and Teaching Staff
- Deans Heads of Departments
- Staff working in Teaching and Learning Centers
Dr. Narimane Hadj-Hamou, UAE
Founder and CEO of the Center of Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions (Clicks)