The Technical Committee of the Second MENA Higher Education Leadership Forum is pleased to announce that the call for institutional best practices for the 2015 Forum is now open. The Forum which will be organized under the theme “Towards Transformative Higher Education in the MENA Region: The Role of Innovation in the 21st Century Digital and Knowledge based Society” will take place from the 10th to the 11th of November, 2015 in the United Arab Emirates and will address a number of key topics of relevance to decision makers and leaders of higher education including how to foster a climate of innovation and encourage entrepreneurial thinking, the use of technology as one of the fastest growing innovation impacting higher education, achieving excellence through research and innovation, innovative ways for supporting the 21st Century students, etc.
The Committee invites leaders of higher education from across the globe to submit institutional case studies of relevance to the Forum’s theme and 5 Streams which include:
- Stream 1: Entrepreneurial Approaches to Leading and Managing Higher Education
- Stream 2: Innovation in Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Stream 3: Innovation in Student Support and Supporting Learning Experience
- Stream 4: Innovation in the Digital Age and the Exploitation of Ubiquitous Technology
- Stream 5: Innovation in Research and Knowledge Transfer
Criteria for Acceptance of Submissions:
- Submissions to the Forum are accepted on the basis of the following criteria:
- Submission must demonstrate a clear alignment with the main theme and the aforementioned streams of the Forum. Kindly specify the stream against which you are making the submission.
- Submission must reflect actual experiences supported by evidences and shall provide an overview on lessons learnt.
- Submissions must be submitted in alignment with the published ‘submission guidelines’ and shall integrate any input given from the technical committee.
- Submissions must be made in accordance with the published deadlines.
All accepted and presented best practices will be edited and compiled in the 2nd MENA Higher Education Leadership Forum Best Practices Booklet and will be made accessible online to participants and to the wider community of higher education.