Date: 8th September, 2021
Time: 11:00 AM – 15:00 PM UAE TIME
07:00 AM – 11:00 AM GMT TIME
4 Hours Webinar
Webinar Fee: 99 USD
This webinar aims at supporting instructors and teaching staff during their transition to online learning and will focus particularly on student assessment strategies that are believed to be the most effective in an online environment.
Online learning is not a new way of learning and has been around for quite some time; throughout the years, significant research and practice were carried out to identify the best way to implement student assessment in an online environment. A wide range of strategies have been identified to safeguard the effectiveness, rigor and quality of student assessment when courses are delivered online. This include among many strategies: integrating ongoing formative assessment; using a variety of assessment strategies to accommodate different learning styles; relying on collaborative, peer and self-assessment and carefully designing assessment components that are authentic and minimizes the risks of plagiarism.
Assessment techniques including the use of online quizzes, discussion forums, projects, portfolios, blogs and wikis as well as peer and self-assessments will be discussed during the webinar. Moreover, the role of meaningful feedback cannot be overemphasized when it comes to online learning and the webinar will tackle the main characteristics of meaningful feedback and the different ways and techniques to provide effective feedback to students.
- Assessment in traditional learning versus assessment online
- How to assess effectively in an online course? Diagnostics, formative and summative assessments.
- Technology tools to support assessment (i.e discussion forums, online quizzes, portfolios, blogs, etc.)
- Key considerations when designing assessment for online learning
- Designing online exams and quizzes: Tips and guidelines
- Effective, constructive and timely feedback: Why does it matters so much online?
- Ways of providing student feedback online?
- Issues in managing quality and standards in online assessment
- Assessment ideas for online learning: Examples
Who is this Webinar for?
The webinar is relevant to anyone involved in delivering or overseeing online learning including:
- Educators, Faculty and Teaching Staff
- Deans Heads of Departments
- Staff working in Teaching and Learning Centers
Dr. Narimane Hadj-Hamou, UAE
Founder and CEO, the Center of Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions (CLICKS), UAE