Date: 29thNovember, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM – 16:00 PM UAE Time
08:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT Time
4 Hours Webinar
115 USD Early Bird for registrations fully completed prior to 01st November, 2021
150 USD for registrations after 01st November, 2021
The COVID-19 crisis, and the world’s response to it, is an extraordinary global situation, changing by the day. It affects all industries and areas of life, but the higher education sector faces a particular set of challenges. Over the last 18 months the higher education sector globally have learnt many lessons about online delivery and how to overcome the challenges associated to online delivery.
This 4-hour webinar will look at the issues specifically related to the quality assurance of the student experience and online delivery from a global perspective. It will draw on case studies derived from a range of countries, regulatory agencies and institutions and will highlight common challenges, and opportunities for enhancement. Participants will be encouraged to identify their own challenges, strategies and share areas of good practice with other attendees.
- Quality and QA issues in Online Delivery: challenge, opportunities and experiences
- Quality Domains and Indicators in Online Delivery
- Quality Models and Frameworks for Online Delivery – Global, UK and Middle East perspectives
- Adapting internal quality systems to address the nature of online delivery
- Lessons learnt from the Pandemic
Who is this Webinar for?
The webinar is relevant to anyone involved in delivering or overseeing online learning including:
- Presidents, VPs, Provosts and Senior Administrators
- Directors, Managers and Staff working in QA and Institutional Effectiveness Offices
- Those working in national quality assurance agencies