Date: 24thFebruary, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM – 16:00 PM UAE Time
08:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT Time
4 Hours Webinar
115 USD Early Bird for registrations fully completed prior to 25th January, 2022
150 USD for registrations after 25th January, 2022
The pandemic has intensified the use of online education; despite some of the challenges associated with the delivery of online learning, the HE community has come to appreciate the many benefits online education can offer when properly designed and delivered. Most importantly, recent advances in technological capability and teaching methods now mean that the online programs can deliver a high quality, engaging student experience – even in programs with practical components.
This webinar will focus on determining what academic standards are for both traditional and online learning models and how quality assurance of online learning at the system as well as at the institutional level (external and internal QA) can be achieved.
- What are academic standards?
- Key issues for the quality assurance of online education
- How are academic standards quality assured in the UK
- External quality assurance
- Internal quality assurance
- How are academic standards and quality assured across the Gulf and MENA Region?
- Different models for non-traditional delivery
- Considering and sharing examples of approaches of higher education institutions to internal quality assurance of academic standards
- Approaches to traditional pedagogic models of learning
- Approaches to online and distance learning models (i.e. digital pedagogies and assuring academic standards)
Who is this Webinar for?
The webinar is relevant to anyone involved in delivering or overseeing online learning including:
- Vice Presidents, Deans and Managers of QA and institutional effectiveness officers
- QA staff
- Deans of Colleges and Heads of Academic Departments