Date: June 2nd & 4th , 2022 | 3rd June 2022: participants’ activity
Time: 07:00 AM – 11:00 AM GMT TIME
11:00 AM – 15:00 PM UAE TIME
2 Sessions 4 Hours each
Early Bird Fee: 175 USD (for registration fully completed prior May 1, 2022)
Webinar Fee : 200 USD (for registration after May 1, 2022)
This workshop consisting of two sessions of four-hour each aims to develop participants’ understanding of and skills for designing effective program assessment processes, including articulating measurable program and course learning outcomes, designing assessment plans, selecting appropriate data collection, analysis and reporting methods, and using data to inform quality assurance and continuous enhancements of higher education programs. It stresses on the importance of applying an “evidence-based” approach and applying program assessment results to make improvements to programs.
The workshop will take place over two non-consecutive days.
On Day 1, participants will be introduced to the fundamentals of program assessment, its purpose, and the benefits it offers. The steps to successfully develop program goals and learning outcomes, and curriculum mapping will also be discussed and demonstrated. Following Day 1, participants will be given a practical activity to complete to put theory into practice and prepare for Day 2.
Day 2 will focus on designing program assessment plans, covering a range of direct and indirect program assessment methods and establishing criteria for success. Participants will focus on understanding how to interpret assessment data and results to facilitate continuous improvement.
1. Explain and describe the program assessment process and what constitutes well-designed assessment plans
2. Articulate program mission, goals, and learning outcomes which can explicitly describe the skills, knowledge, and attitudes students develop as a result of a program of study
3. Draft a well-informed program curriculum map as an important aspect of developing an effective assessment plan
4. Design and implement effective assessment plans and identify appropriate strategies and methods to collect assessment data
5. Choose the most appropriate assessment methods to obtain valid data to evaluate specific student and program outcomes
6. Analyze and use results for program revisions and continuous improvements
- Program assessment principles
- Course and program assessment
- Program learning outcomes and NQFs
- Curriculum mapping
- Designing Assessment plan
- Data collection methods
- Continuous improvement
- Quality assurance
- Evidence-based approach
- Deans and Vice Deans of Colleges/ Faculties
- Heads of Academic Departments
- Program Coordinators
- Course Coordinators
- QA Directors and Staff
- Teaching and Learning Directors and Staff