3 Hours Webinar
Date: Saturday June 13th, 2020
Time: 15:00 – 18:00 UAE | 11:00 – 14:00 GMT
Webinar Fee : 99 USD
The global educational landscape has witnessed over the past three months significant changes in its operations due to sudden and rapid shift towards distance and online education to enable the continuity of learning during the Covid 19 Pandemic. Online Education has become more than ever widespread that is expected to continue beyond the pandemic. Many Ministries of Education/ Higher Education and universities world wide have already articulated strategies and plans for the next academic year 2020-2021 which involve scenarios ranging from the continuation of full fledge online education in the instance where the pandemic is not contained to implementing blended learning.
As such, and as online and blended education continuous to spread at different levels of maturity; Higher Education Institutions will need more than ever to ensure the highest level of quality is maintained not only for its programs and courses but for the overall student experience.
Moreover, institutions will need to revisit their current QA practices and ensure their quality indicators and policies are ‘fit-for- purpose’ to address this new type of learning. Online/ blended learning will in many instances need to become part of the overall strategy for the institution’s development in the next few years.
During this three-hour webinar participants will explore the various dimensions when evaluating the quality of online education and will get familiar with the existing frameworks and models and how these may be used as benchmarks. Participants will also be immersed in thinking about articulating/ revising their strategies, policies and plans for online delivery and will reflect on their current QA practices and determine their suitability for this new form of learning.
By the end of the webinar participants should be able to:
- Understand the various online learning delivery approaches and how they may be adopted by their institution
- Identify key issues and evidences for quality and quality assurance in online education
- Determine the various quality dimensions for online education in the specific context of their institution
- Comprehend the various existing frameworks and models for evaluating the quality of online programs and courses
- Develop and implement means to measure and quantify elements of quality within online programs
- Reflect on institutional current QA practices and make adjustments as deemed necessary
- Articulate strategies and policies to support the implementation of online education
- Forms of Digital Enabled Education
- Effective Online Education: What does it constitute?
- Understanding the Difference between Emergency Remote Teaching and Well – Designed Online Learning
- Quality and QA Issues in Online Education
- Quality Domains and Indicators in Online Education
- Quality Assurance of Online Programs: Evaluation Criteria & Benchmarks
- Existing Quality Models and Frameworks for Online Education (i.e. OLC Quality Scorecard, Quality Matters, ACODE Framework, the EFQUEL, the EADTU, DETA Quality Indicators, etc.)
- Institutional Strategies and Policies for Online Education
Who is this Webinar for?
The webinar is relevant to anyone involved in developing technology enabled programs as well as those overseeing the quality of programs and services included those delivered remotely whether fully online or blended. This include:
- Vice Presidents for Academic Affairs/ Provosts
- Deans and Heads of Academic Departments
- Directors and staff working in QA, Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation Offices
Dr. Narimane Hadj-Hamou, UAE
Founder and CEO of the Center of Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions (Clicks)