Date: 13th & 14th December, 2022
Time: 09:00 AM – 17:00 PM UAE Time
Early Bird Fee: 2550 AED (695USD)(for registration fully completed prior to November 1, 2022)
Workshop Fee : 3000 AED (817 AED) (for registration after November 1, 2022)
Venue: Hotel Pullman Creek City Center, Dubai, UAE
Leaders (Presidents, Deans, Academic Heads) of health professions higher education Institutes play different roles and interact with different cultures and complex systems, particularly education and healthcare.
This two daysʼ workshop is designed for senior academics and health professionals to improve their competencies in leading their institution and transform it to an effective and efficient organization. Several controversial concepts will be discussed. It will include organisational. culture and leadership and management spectrum, leaders and followers, contemporary leadership theories, and the complex relation at the top of the organisation. Last but not the least we will also discuss about the importance of self-leadership. We will show ways what one need to do to be happy, healthy and successful
The program is structured and delivered in a way that allows the presenters and the participants to interact and share their experiences and learn from each other. Different strategies of learning will be used mainly case-based analysis, reflections, appreciative enquiries and sharing experiences. We hope that this workshop will help in taking you from being a leader to super leader.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Comprehend leadership and organisational culture, its development, changes and transformation.
- Redefine the meaning, roles, and abilities of a leader in health professions education “Who is the Dean/President?”
- Apply leadership theories in leading health professions education institutions. “From theories to practice”.
- Recognize the complexity of the health profession education system and the difficulties of leading in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Use multiple strategies-situational and transformational leadership in leading health professions education organisations.
- Managing the Board (Every leader has a boss).
- Self-leadership (Mental and physical well-being with subcategories)
- Managing leadership stress “Alone at the top”
- Health Professions Education: Specifics and Particularities
- Evaluating your leadership style using Sage leadership style assessment.
- Who is the Dean/ President?
- Leadership from theories to practice
- Leadership versus Governance
- Organisational culture leadership
- Situational/Contingency leadership and transformation
- Leadership in the 4th generation Higher Education system
- Developing strategies for the future
- Managing the Board.
This workshop is geared towards senior academics and health professionals working in higher education including:
- Presidents, Vice Presidents and Provosts of health professions higher education
- Deans and Vice/ Associate Deans of Health Colleges
- Heads of Departments
Dr. Mohamed Al-Eraky
PhD Medical Education
Assistant Professor Medical Education
Gulf Medical University
Life Coach, Well-being & Leadership Expert
Managing Director of JWLCC (Jasmin Waldmann Life Coaching Company)