Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Innovation in Higher Education
This program is about closely examining the drivers of innovation in Higher Education and why innovation has become essential to the survival of universities? What opportunities and challenges exist for HEIs ? What types of innovations are most impacting universities and colleges today? How can we create and sustain an institutional wide culture for innovation? What frameworks and system should be in place? And what type of policies and support shall be in place?
Participants in this program will examine a range of topics that include:
– Understanding Innovation in Higher Education: Why should we innovate?
– Comprehending the Link Between Innovation, Research and Teaching
– Drivers and Barriers to Innovation in HE
– Innovation Trends in HE and How they are Impacting the Future of Universities
– Creating and Sustaining an Innovation Culture
– Understanding the Innovation Process
– Creative Thinking: Developing creative mindsets
– Fostering a culture that values, nurtures, and rewards innovations
– Innovation and the Role of Leadership
– Case Studies
The program is addressed at university leaders including vice presidents, deans and directors as well as policymakers and other stakeholders interested in embracing innovation within their respective institutions.