The Center for Learning for Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions (CLICKS) has partnered with the Conference of Rectors in the Middle East Region (CONFREMO) and L’Agence des Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) to organize the recent scientific days organized around the theme “Harnessing excellence and innovation in Learning and Teaching for the 21st century, which took place in Beirut, Lebanon at the Coral Beach Hotel and Resort on October 16th and 17th . The event attracted Rectors of Universities and Academics from over 60 Higher Education Institutions.
As part of the event Dr Narimane Hadj-Hamou, Founder and CEO of CLICKS has delivered the opening keynote address titled “Achieving Excellence in Learning & Teaching : A Strategic Imperative “ in her keynote Dr. Hadj-Hamou spoke about the meaning of excellence in learning and teaching and the role of various stakeholders in creating a culture of excellence in L&T including tackling the crucial role of governments, institutions at large, employers and both students and teachers. She has also emphasized on the close link between’ quality teaching’ and preparing the future work force and addressed the importance of adapting teachers’ pedagogical approach to address the 21st century skills.
The event also included another keynote on National reforms to support learning and teaching delivered by Dr. Ahmad Jammal, Director General of Lebanese Higher Education; a Panel discussion on New Challenges facing Higher Education in the 21st Century, two focus groups and presentations of best practices on innovations in the classroom
In the afternoon of the first day CLICKS was also involved in facilitating one of the focus groups on Excellence in the 21st Century Learning Teaching: What does it mean and what does it take to make it happen? This had as objective to:
- Address excellence in teaching and learning in the context of higher education
- Discuss how universities can deliver excellence in teaching while fostering a culture of innovation
- identify and share contextualized examples of successful teaching and learning practices which resulted in excellent outcomes for learners and employers
- Identify the key pillars of institutional strategies for learning and teaching
- Determine what sort of ‘key actions’ university leaders should focus on to promote and sustain excellence and innovation in learning and teaching