The Center for Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions (CLICKS) has yesterday the 22nd of June, 2020 kicked off the first of its virtual panels “In Conversation with CLICKS” under the theme “Leading through Covid-19: Challenges, Opportunities and Lessons Learnt”. The First panel which has attracted participants from more than 40 countries involved four eminent experts of higher education representing five different countries and three continents.
The aim of this series of virtual panel discussions launched by the Center is to provide in-depth discussions and insights about planning the future of higher education while capitalizing on lessons learnt from the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The panels are accessible to the global higher education community for free and will bring together thought leaders from across various parts of the globe to:
- Address key considerations institutions of higher education must reflect on to manage the crisis and build resilient educational eco-systems in the short and long term.
- Discuss the impact of the pandemic on the higher education sector and how it is disrupting the future of universities and colleges.
- Identify scenarios and strategies countries and institutions are considering for the Fall 2020-2021 academic year.
- Share good practices institutions have been adopting to navigate through the pandemic and what were the lessons learnt.
During the months of June and July four Panel Discussions are planned every Monday at 17:00 UAE Time (+4 GMT)
- Panel Discussion 1 : Leading through Covid-19: Challenges, Opportunities and Lessons Learnt | June 22nd
- Panel Discussion 2 : Planning the New Normal: How has the Pandemic Changed Higher Education? | June 29th
- Panel Discussion 3 : Measuring the Impact of Emergency Online Teaching on the Quality of Education | July 6th
- Panel Discussion 4 : Non-degree credentials Post the Pandemic: How should the HE Sector Adapt to the New Modern Workforce? |
The “In Conversation with CLICKS” series has received the gracious support of the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (Association of French Speaking Universities), AUF- Moyen Orient as a Silver Sponsor .
The Series will end with the Summer break and resume at the start of the new academic year 2020-2021.