7th – 9th of May, 2018 | Novotel Deira City Center, Dubai-UAE
This workshop will introduce the concept of the 7Cs of Learning Design, which is a set of resources and activities to help teachers make pedagogically informed design decisions that make appropriate use of digital technologies.
The session is aimed at those interested in improving their design practice to enhance the student experiences and make innovative use of digital technologies. The session is aimed at faculty members, heads of departments and directors of teaching and learning centers wanting to explore and adopt new pedagogical models within their classroom.
- An overview of digital technologies
- How digital technologies can be used to facilitate different pedagogical approaches
- An introduction to the 7Cs of Learning Design
- Conceptualise – which initiates the design process and consists of imagine, design and prepare.
- Create – which covers the ways in which search engines, OER repositories and social bookmarking can be used to find and collate relevant resources and activities.
- Communicate – which covers how to moderate asynchronous and synchronous forums
- Collaborate – which considers how tools like wikis, voice thread, pirate pad can be used to foster collaboration and how to work in virtual teams.
- Combine – analyse your activity profile and bring artefacts together into a storyboard of your course
- Consolidate – implement the course and develop an evaluation rubric
- E-pedagogies and practical examples of how digital technologies can support different pedagogical approaches